A well thought out design for your garden has many great benefits. If you have already decided to obtain a design you likely are aware of at least a few.
- The more freedom you give your designer the more creative the space will be. Sometimes site limitations can hinder possibilities but often that can lead to more creative solutions. If you have a comprehensive list of elements you would like included and a reasonably clear vision of the style you like that is a great starting point. We typically provide 2 conceptual layouts to provide more than one option. At that point, the client decides what options fit them best and what direction to take things in.
- You don’t need to specify how, just what you want to accomplish (ie: screening, feeling of seclusion, privacy, etc). This is an extension of the first item on our list but worth saying. All too often we see people get tied up in thinking of how something is going to work to the point of frustration. Leave it up to your designer to figure out if and how it can be accomplished. Typically, we are aware of many more options for materials, resolutions to typical problems, and with a keen eye for design can morph that into the perfect solution to your unique space.
- Just because you divulge your entire budget does not mean we will work to use it all. Most likely your wish list already exceeds your budget. (Sorry to break it to you.) The more information we have the better we can help you prioritize and/or give you alternative solutions that will better fit your budget. We have your best interests in mind and want to see you get the most bang for your buck. We can also guide you to what splurges are worth the extra and which ones are not. The last thing we want is to design something you love but could never afford, being realistic from the beginning can help us guide your expectations.
- We don’t care if your project is going to be something worthy of a magazine cover, we want it to be what inspires you and makes you happy. Not every project is a portfolio project, and that is just fine. Client satisfaction is what drives us and feeds our passion for design.
- Trust is everything. The more you put your trust in us the better the outcome. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and to help you create a space you truly love. Working with a designer is a long-term relationship. Not only does the design itself take time but you will likely be in touch for at least one year after it is installed. Finding a designer that is a good fit for your project is important both in respect to knowledge/ experience and personality. We try to gauge each client individually and cater to their needs how much information and input they want to have in the process and proceed accordingly. We often will make many decisions though both design and installation that are catered to the goal of the design, what is best for the client, and what they would want only checking in with the client on significant changes/decisions. Lack of trust can bog down that process. Having faith that we have your best interests at heart as well as the knowledge and experience needed will allow us the freedom to do what we do best and allow you to relax and enjoy the ride. It is a really fun process!
Are you ready to start the design for your garden? Contact our team to see if we are a good fit for you!